In accordance with Decree No. 2902 of 1994, the functions of the ORI are as follows:
- Advise the Rector regarding the establishment and development of international cooperation policies and programs.
- Promote academic cooperation actions with international institutions and entities within the institutional and academic management units of the University.
- Advise the different units of the University regarding the effective conditions of education exchange with other academic institutions and processes of institutional receptiveness.
- Computerize and disseminate information about international cooperation programs to the university community.
- Propose to the Rector the budget allocations required to the execution of activities and tasks, always taking into account international cooperation policies and programs.
The other tasks assigned by regulatory standards or by the Rector according to the specific status of the Office.